Dr. Casey Chan’s first experience with chiropractic began as a patient of her father Dr. Allen Chan after enduring several sports injuries and neck pain from a car accident. She greatly appreciated the natural, holistic approach of chiropractic.
As an undergraduate student at University of California, Berkeley, she volunteered with local athletic trainers and the well-known Suitcase Clinic, and eventually received her bachelor’s degree in Integrative Biology with a focus on human biodynamics.
Dr. Casey thereafter studied at the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic at the Southern California University of Health Sciences with rotations at the Rehabilitation Center at CSU Northridge, student clinic at CSU Los Angeles, and at the University Health Center, Pasadena. She served as the Associated Student Body President and received her doctorate degree, cum laude, in 2004. Her postceptorship was at the Integrated Healing Center in Pasadena.
Beginning her practice in 2004 at Chan Chiropractic, she primarily serves families and those with auto and sports injuries. In the community she has volunteered her time for a variety of events chiropractic and non-chiropractic related.
Chiropractic Manipulative Techniques/Manual Therapies:
- Diversified (Hands-on, Drop table, Activator)
- Joint Mobilization
- Soft Tissue Therapy
Interests and Specialties:
- Sports and Auto Injuries
- Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD, TMJ)
- Rehabilitative Therapies
- Industrial Disability Evaluator (IDE)
- Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, SCUHS (2004) Cum Laude, DC
- University of California, Berkeley (2000), BA in Integrative Biology
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Athletic Screenings for Mt. Carmel and Westview High Schools
- Health Consultation Events Doctor with Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association and the San Diego Chinese Association
- Executive Director, Operation Courage is Beautiful
- Past District Chair 132, California Alumni Association Leadership Award Program